Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Anxiety

I made the mistake this weekend of having enough wine at a gathering. Not too much, but enough. That shit sent me into a tailspin the following two days.

I do know that with the medications I'm on, drinking is not advised. I kinda think it's not so much the alcohol with the medication, though. Looking back, there are a significant number of times that I've had drinks that I didn't get schmammered on that followed up with a day or two of anxiety.

I just never made the link before, or I refused to see it. Boy, it's just not worth it.

5 comments:

  1. I think you can counteract the contraindication by heaving the bottle through your mother's window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could figure out how to heave it at high velocity and have it explode into stink, I'd have a product that's more than worth the cost :)

      Delete
  2. Schmammered?????That one's going in the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stole that from a coworker. It might be the best new word I've ever heard.

      Delete
  3. Welp. I think the reality is the "Do Not Use Alcohol" label is pretty much ignored by a bunch of people over the Holidays especially. And the only thing they get is a hang-over, not two days of of being peeled off the ceiling when someone drops a paper clip.

    Overall I think it would be far more fruitful if CBs had a skull and crossbones tattooed on their forehead instead of the rest of us collecting bottles with all kinds of warning labels subsequent to having contact with them.
    That's what I call "Prevention."
    TW

    ReplyDelete